Monday 25 June 2007

TAST - French Knots

Oh I hate French knots. Sometimes I have a go and not one of them comes out right, other times I seem to manage to do them quite creditably - and I never really know what I've done wrong or when it's going to work. Today's effort is pretty successful - I used threads from a mixed pack of textures and the finished piece has a nice scrunchy feel. The stitch is a very useful one so I do recognise the need to persevere but I can't think I'm ever going to enjoy it.



Yesterday I finally finished my sketchbook and my portfolio for my City & Guilds Creative Sketchbooks class. I will hand them in on Thursday. My windows sketchbook worked quite well (once I'd removed the staple attaching it to the coffee table!) and I'm pleased with the overall result. It's too big to scan and I'm not sure if I'll be able to take any decent photos of it - it might have to wait until I get it back from assessment.

So now I just need to decide what to tackle next......

1 comment:

Doreen G said...

Lovely Lynne I love French knots and I will help you to love them also.