Friday, 7 February 2014

Bird hanging

While I'm in the mood for blogging I'll post this little stitched piece I made recently. I'd been making paper beads and wanted to use them for something so die cut a little bird (an old Spellbinders die) from some fabric and stitched it all together using mainly hand stitching and a little wooden twig.  The finished size is about 10 by 8 inches.

Ombre effect inking

A project in Craft Stamper magazine prompted me to try getting this shaded effect using Distress Inks.  It's also similar to a cross stitch project I did years ago which had this light to dark squares as well.  I used 3 different sizes of Tonic nesting square dies and cut masks to ink through then 3 different colours of Distress inks in each colourway to build up the look.  The stamp is an old Elusive Images one which looks really good against the background.  I made a card in the blue colours first but then did this page in my sketchbook as a record of the inks that went well together.

I manage to do very little crafting these days aside from cards as needed hence the lack of blog posts but I'm hoping that one day I'll be more productive.