Saturday 21 November 2009

Christmas & Calendar



These cards were ones I did for a class at Kraft Crazy, Tidworth a couple of weeks ago now.  My starting point was inspired by vintage - I wanted to try out some of the techniques you see on vintage look cards.  Somehow though, they all ended up looking just like more of my cards!  However we did do paper pleating and paper pricking, used buttons, tags, an old fashioned image and paper snowflakes.  I got a bit carried away with the amount of things included on the cards and the paper pricking one bottom right took ages to make.  Everyone was glad to get to the button tree where the most time consuming bit was selecting the buttons!  The two cards on the left both used some of the My Mind's Eye Vintage Christmas papers and I thought it was good of me to actually give away some of that yummy paper in a class!

The image in the frame in the bottom right hand card doesn't show very well but it's a paper pricked sprig of holly.  It's actually a rubber stamp that I stamped on scrap paper and then pricked round the outline to produce the image on the paper underneath - another way of using stamps which adds to their versatility.

Next week is another class with Christmas as a theme - this time using new Christmas stamps from Elusive Images.

I've also made myself a desk calendar for next year using Cosmo Cricket papers and my Bind it All to put it together.



No comments: