Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Paintsticks piece

I've managed to finish a piece I've been working on off and on for a few months (my usual rate of progress!) A while ago I bought some new colours of Markal paintsticks so I tried them out on some scraps of fabric using Ten Seconds Studio texture moulds. I coloured a couple of the pieces and a background cotton fabric with Adirondack colourwash spray, then cut the pieces up and arranged the interesting bits on the background using Bondaweb to attach them.  I've added stitch, beads, sequins and some gold cord to frame the piece. I die-cut 3 flowers from some gold stuff (that's the extent of my knowledge!), toned them down with patina glimmer mist and added them with beads and stitches.
I had to take the picture on my phone as my camera seems to have given up on me so that's yet another excuse for a poor photo.  Must finish paying for the work I've had done on my kitchen recently before I think about a new camera.


sharonb said...

I just wanted to say I think this piece is effective - and thanks for sharing

Wendy said...

This is beautiful, real eye candy!