Last July (that long ago! I thought it was about October!) I played around with texture paste and fabric and made a load of samples - if you click here you can see them covering my dining table. I'd been meaning to put them into some sort of book and finally a week off work has given me the time to get on with it.
I tried out 3 different texture pastes (Dreamweaver, texture gel and gesso) and knew I'd made notes at the time of what I'd used on each piece but of course I couldn't find them. Eventually I found them in the first place I'd looked - it had obviously seemed sensible at the time to use the back page of the notebook. So it's now a more useful record than just leaving them shoved in a plastic bag.