Friday 10 July 2009

Playing with texture paste

I've been reading Stitching the Textured Surface by Lynda Monk and Carol McFee and decided to do some texture paste samples. I didn't have the products used in the book but they said to try different types so I used what I had: Dreamweaver embossing paste and Winsor & Newton coarse texture gel and gesso. I used a variety of materials: calico, hessian, velvet, nappy liner, butter muslin etc. and my dining table is now covered with samples drying. The texture gel and embossing paste are used up so I've had to stop! I'll leave them overnight to dry and then I'll start adding colour and cutting them up. The book is excellent by the way, wonderful clear photos, lots of inspiration and I'm only about a third of the way through so far.
I used Stewart Gill stencils, Tim Holtz masks and Tattered Angel masks (plus my comb but maybe we won't talk about that!)

This is what my dining table looks like at the moment - most of the samples are white on white so don't show up too clearly but wait for the colour!

1 comment:

Doreen G said...

Great samples Lynn--I love the book that the girls have written but I haven't started playing yet.
Aren't the photos superb?