Friday 7 February 2014

Ombre effect inking






A project in Craft Stamper magazine prompted me to try getting this shaded effect using Distress Inks.  It's also similar to a cross stitch project I did years ago which had this light to dark squares as well.  I used 3 different sizes of Tonic nesting square dies and cut masks to ink through then 3 different colours of Distress inks in each colourway to build up the look.  The stamp is an old Elusive Images one which looks really good against the background.  I made a card in the blue colours first but then did this page in my sketchbook as a record of the inks that went well together.

I manage to do very little crafting these days aside from cards as needed hence the lack of blog posts but I'm hoping that one day I'll be more productive.

No comments: