Saturday 12 September 2009

Playing with metal

A couple of weeks ago I went to a workshop at Rumpelstiltskin in Broadwindsor run by Tanya and we played around decorating metal.  I've had the odd go before but not invested in the tools or done anything large but thanks to Tanya this is what I produced!
As always the photo is rubbish but hopefully it gives you an idea.  I decided to do a sampler for my mirror and cut the metal into 9 pieces which are each decorated differently using as many of the tools as I could.  The top right and bottom left pieces are both done using a moulding mat but the others are all just done with the various tools.  The pieces have been coloured with alcohol inks and the whole piece is really bright!
Of course, I now know I need a set of tools for myself but my house has to be rewired the week after next and that is going to cost serious money so I'm trying not to spend money on yet more stuff.  After all I could carry on creating for about 20 years just using up what I've already got!
Many thanks to Tanya for another fun workshop.  She has a really nice selection of mixed-media workshops between now and Christmas so I have signed up for several more!

No comments: