Monday 23 February 2009

New & Improved


This is a birthday card for a friend. She's always on the receiving end of my more experimental stuff and as she's not into crafting herself I think she's often somewhat bemused - but tolerant!
This card took on a life of it's own - it didn't come out as I expected but I like it nonetheless. Although I love all the gorgeous scrapbook papers available I still get a bigger kick from starting with a white sheet of card and making my own background. This one's done by just swooshing the card around in watered down distress inks and then overstamping. The stamps are from the lovely inchies sets by Inkadinkado and the rub on at the bottom is a 7 gypsies one I found when hunting through my stash. The date stamp on the left is from the reduced section of Staples.

No comments: