Sunday 6 January 2008

TAST - Spanish Feather Stitch

Here is my final TAST sample for Spanish Feather Stitch. Ok, it's pretty pathetic, I don't know why Sharon had to give us a difficult stitch for the final week. I had trouble working out how to do it, and then trouble getting it to look even, and when I'd finally more or less got the hang of it, I couldn't be bothered to make much of an effort with it. Still, I have finished the TAST challenge. I have done all the stitches and it's only the 6th Jan so I'm less than a week behind in finishing it off. I haven't pushed the stitches particularly and I've tended to use aida fabric and pearl cotton for all of them, but it is still a useful reference to have and to begin to see the possibilities for each stitch. I have tackled many stitches I'd never heard of and really enjoyed a lot of them. I've even got better at French knots! I now have 2 A4 folders filled with plastic wallets containing the printed out instructions and my samples in alphabetical order (once a librarian, always a librarian!) so it is a very handy reference tool.

This is the first challenge I have participated in so I'm very grateful to Sharon for all her input and hard work. Her new challenge is called Take it Further, and although I'm signed up to it, I'm still pondering this. The challenge for January is two-fold: either someone you admire or a colour scheme of green and purple. I have started considering the colour scheme - not my usual choice of colours, but that is all to the good. I've been pulling some wools and other bits together and currently have purple fingers from spraying some canvas and fabric with purple ink!

1 comment:

Doreen G said...

Congratulations Lynne a great achievement.
I have mine in 2 A4 folders also but in numerical order and I am going to put them in groups ie all related chain stitches together--all knotted stitches together etc---when I get time that is.