Sunday 21 October 2007

Peg Loom Weaving


I'm very fortunate in having a new shop open at Broadwindsor Craft Centre not too far away from me, called Rumpelstiltskin. It's run by Tania, a textile artist and tutor and sells mainly wools but she has started a series of workshops and I've been able to go to 3 so far. The first was on peg loom weaving and here's the hanging I made in an afternoon.
It was so easy and grew so quickly but was a very soothing thing to do once you got in the rhythm. It's a lovely way of using all those fancy yarns that I can't resist buying but don't really want to knit with. It's got a few beads and buttons and wool curls stitched to it. And of course I had to buy a peg loom so I will have to make something else (though how many wall hangings do I need?!)
Tania also stocks sticks for stick weaving, something I'd never come across before either. And that is amazing! I've made several strips so far on 3 sticks and will stitch them all together perhaps in a bag.



No comments: