Wednesday 21 February 2007

Knitted Scarf

Just for a change I've done a bit of knitting. I've made lots of these scarves for family and friends over the last couple of years - I'm the only one who hasn't actually got one! My daughter has 3 I think and this time she asked me to knit one for her friend. It's done in Stylecraft Gypsy wool and is gorgeous and soft. I use big needles and it knits up very fast but unfortunately if I drop a stitch, because of the lacy pattern (which you can't see in the picture) I can't manage to pick it up and I have to undo the whole thing and start again. For this one I'd knitted about two-thirds when that happened and on my second attempt I'd done about a quarter - so it's been knitted about 2 complete times in all! Good job it's pretty relaxing.


No comments: